Coronavirus Antigen Rapid Test Kit
In June 2020, our factory proudly released a new COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test. The new coronavirus antigen test kit is a lateral flow immunoassay for the qualitative detection of SARS-COV-2 antigen (nucleocapsid protein) in upper respiratory samples with nasal swabs during the acute phase of infection.
- 5 -15 minute rapid detection
- Easy-to-operate coronavirus antigen test
- Less-invasive nasal (NS) swab sample collection
- CE-IVD marked
The EasyRapidNow’s COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kit was independently evaluated at Centro Diagnostico Delta S.r.l. in Italy. A total of 78 positive specimens were tested with EasyRapidNow’s COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kit. These specimens were collected from patients who are suspected of COVID-19 with nasal swabs. The coronavirus antigen test kit’s sensitivity and specificity are compared against a CE-IVD marked RT-PCR test kit. This clinical evaluation is conducted under the assumption that SARS-CoV is no longer spreading in the community.
- According to the clinical analysis of 190 samples, the detection sensitivity is 98.72%, and the specificity is 97.32%.
- Positive Percent Agreement (PPA) : 77/78 (98.72%)(95%CI: 93.0%~100.0%)
- Negative Percent Agreement (NPA) : 109/112 (97.32%)(95%CI:92.4%~99.4%)
- Accuracy : (77+109)/190×100% = 97.89%
- Kappa : 2×(77×109-3×1)/(80 ×112+78 ×110) = 0.96?0.5
The limit of detection (LOD) of this product is 1.6 x 102 TCID50/mL, calculated through a gradient dilution method.
The coronavirus antigen rapid test kit is a lateral flow assay that qualitatively detects the presence of nucleocapsid (N) protein in upper respiratory samples (nasal swabs). This lateral flow assay is designed with the sandwich immunoassay format. When the specimen is added onto the sample pad of a test cassette, coronavirus N protein binds with colloidal gold-labeled SARS-CoV-2 N protein antibody to form an antibody-antigen (Ab-Ag) complex. The Ab-Ag complex is captured by SARS-CoV-2 N protein antibody (Rabbit monoclonal antibody) when migrating to the test line under capillary action. A red-colored band will appear on the test line, which indicates the specimen is COVID-19 nucleocapsid protein positive. No color band will appear on the test line if the specimen does not contain any coronavirus antigen (N protein), or the antigen level is below detection limit.
COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Principle
The conjugation pad also contains colloidal gold-labeled chicken IgY, which is captured by Goat anti-chicken IgY on the control line as procedural control. A colored band on the control line represents the proper liquid flow through the cassette; the absence of a colored band on the control line indicates insufficient sample or buffer volume.
COVID-19 Antigen Test Procedure
- Twist off the cap of the buffer bottle, carefully dispense all buffer into the extraction tube?
- After collecting upper respiratory sample with nasal swab, insert the swab into the extraction tube, plunge the swab up and down in the fluid for a minimum of 10 seconds. Hold the swab against the bottom of the tube, rotate three turns. DO NOT splash liquid out of the tube.
- Remove the swab while squeezing the sides of the tube to extract the liquid from the swab.
- Press the nozzle cap firmly onto the extraction tube. Mix thoroughly by swirling or flicking the bottom of the tube.
- Gently squeeze the tube’s rigid body, dispense two (2) drops of the buffer-specimen mixture into the sample well on the coronavirus antigen test cassette.
- Read the test results between 5 and 15 minutes. Do not read the results after 20 minutes.
Our NEW Non-Invasive Nasal Swab Testing Kits Explained
Explicación de nuestros NUEVOS kits de prueba de hisopos nasales no invasivos
Healthcare Personnel: Administering EasyRapidNow™ Testing Kits
Personal Sanitario: Administración de los kits de prueba EasyRapidNow™
Interpretation of Test Results
- NEGATIVE: A colored band appears on the control line (C line); no colored band shows up on the test line (T line). A negative result indicates there is no coronavirus antigen (N protein) in the specimen, or the level of coronavirus antigen is below the detection limit.
- POSITIVE: A colored band appears on the control line (C line), a second colored band shows up on the test line (T line). A positive result indicates the presence of COVID-19 antigen (N protein) in the patient sample.
- INVALID: No colored band appears on the control line (C line). An invalid test result suggests there might be insufficient buffer volume or incorrect operating procedures. Carefully review the test procedure and test the same patient again with another coronavirus antigen rapid test cassette. Contact your distributor if the problem persists.
Disclosure: The test is under review by the FDA for approval by the FDA EUA. Results from Antigen testing should not be used as the sole basis to diagnose or exclude SARS-CoV-2 infection or to inform infection status. EasyRapidNow™ is not affiliated with BinaxNow™ or Abbott Laboratories.
Copyright 2021 © DermaCare Biosciences (Suzhou) Medical Supply Co., Ltd.